Costa Rican View

Costa Rican View

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Starting this thing up

Hello everyone,

I'm not anywhere close to leaving for my Peace Corps service in Costa Rica (I leave March 10th, my birthday!), but I thought I would go ahead and get this blog started so I don't have to worry about it later.

Just a little recap on my timeline in case you were interested:

Applied: August 02, 2013
Nominated for CED (Community Economic Development): September 05, 2013
Legally Precleared: October 29th, 2013
Invited to serve in Costa Rica: November 6th, 2013


And I will have Staging (which is basically meeting all of the other people in my group going to Costa Rica) on March 10th, and we will depart the next morning. Luckily my application process wasn't even that long (about 3 months), compared to others' (have taken up to 2 years).

I've got so much to do in the next few months, but the excitement and anxiety to leave for my service is helping cope with the stress.

Anyways, I'm going to try to keep this blog as up to date as possible once I go to staging and eventually land in CR. Talk to you all soon.


 Pura Vida! (means basically "take it easy")


PS: Here's a map if you don't already know where exactly Costa Rica is

No comments:

Post a Comment