Costa Rican View

Costa Rican View

Sunday, March 30, 2014

El Castillo y Zarcero

Hola a todos!

This last week has been crazy busy and eventful. Last Sunday, My and Derek's families went to to El Castillo Country Club where we went swimming, went through a haunted house, and generally just spent the entire day relaxing. Super fun day/weekend before the grind of the week. The weeks here are super busy with having to go to San Jose twice a week for training, Spanish the other 3 days and quite of bit of homework on top of trying to improve at Spanish.


This past Saturday, fellow trainee Theo and I went to visit 2 (a married couple) seasoned volunteer's site in Zarcero in order to experience life in an actual PC site. After I told my family where I would be going, they told me more than a few time to take pictures and that I'm so lucky because it's so beautiful and they weren't lying. Zarcero is a decent sized mountain town with a super comfortable climate, and a ton of natural beauty. The couple we stayed with are really awesome PCVs (Peace Corps Volunteers) who will be closing their service in a few months. They cooked really rico food for us - quesadillas one night and some good ole American cheeseburgers the other. They also helped Theo and I get a better idea of what we might want out of our future sites when the time comes and future projects we may want to pursue. I hope I can accomplish half of these guys have done in their service in Zarcero.

Sunday, they took us on a 10(ish) mile hike outside of the town and to a waterfall with one of their local friends here. I've never really hiked much, but this is something I could definitely get in to. Not to mention the waterfall was just unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment